The CSIRO Education portal allows you to sign up to education programs and activities run by CSIRO Education and Outreach. It also allows you to manage your own details through your profile. If you would like to participate in any of our programs or sign up for any of our materials or events, register at education.csiro.au.
When registering on the portal, you will be asked to authenticate yourself using a third party authentication service. CSIRO has provided you with some options that meet CSIRO’s strict security requirements. Please note that these authentication services are provided by third parties and may have separate terms and conditions that apply to them. Please note the following terms and conditions apply to your use of the CSIRO Education and Outreach portal in addition to the CSIRO Legal notice and disclaimer. Specific terms and conditions may also apply to your participation in CSIRO Education and Outreach programs and you will be asked to review and agree to these at the time of registration for those programs.
If you do not follow these terms and conditions, CSIRO may restrict or remove your usage rights to some or all of the CSIRO Education and Outreach programs.
- If you are under the age of 18, you will need parent or guardian consent to participate in any of the relevant programs.
- You must keep your password secure, and not permit others to use your account. CSIRO will assume that any transaction using your User ID and Password was approved by you.
- Once you have logged-in to your account for a session, you are responsible for ensuring that your logged-in account on that device is only accessed by you. Once you are finished, please exit your session by using the logout function.
- Please do not use another user’s account or password.
- Please do not use the portal in a way that denies service to others (e.g by downloading excessive amounts of data).
- Please do not post any material that may be:
- False, misleading or deceptive;
- Defamatory, libellous, threatening, abusive or harassing;
- Obscene or contain any material that is inappropriate or illegal.
- You are responsible for any material you post as part of any programs offered via the CSIRO Education and Outreach portal. Any material posted is not endorsed or approved by CSIRO and does not represent CSIRO’s opinions.
- Make sure that you have permission to share any others’ material that you may post on the CSIRO Education and Outreach portal for the purposes of any programs.
- Please do not collect or share personal information (including photographs) of any children involved in any of the programs without the prior approval of CSIRO and without an appropriate consent form in place from a parent or guardian of those children.
- Be aware you might have particular obligations to your school or employer so don't do anything that will reflect negatively on you or your organisation or school.
- You obtain access to the portal at your own risk and CSIRO accepts no responsibility for any interference, loss, damage or disruption to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of the portal or any linked website.
- You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ to obtain access to the portal does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system.