Education and Outreach Privacy statement
When you register on the CSIRO Education portal, we will collect your name and contact details in order to facilitate and administer your participation in the programs you register for. We will also use your contact details to send you information about CSIRO Education and Outreach programs or events you’re interested in. You can set up your own preferences about what you want to receive from us and you can update these at any time.
We may also use your personal information for the purposes of monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of our programs, although where possible, we will use aggregated and de-identified data to do this.
The administrators of the CSIRO Education and Outreach portal will be able to access your personal information from within the portal and may collect it for the purposes of administering your account, including to moderate content, monitor and ensure compliance with the terms and conditions, and to evaluate the overall operation of the portal and how it is being used by subscribers.
Your personal information will be treated as confidential and it will be accessible only by those who need the information for administration and evaluation purposes.
In managing your personal information, we will:
- hold all personal information in secure databases, hosted by CSIRO.
- ensure that at any time, you will have the ability to “unsubscribe” from our communications.
- ensure that a direct link to “unsubscribe” is made available in mass communications from us. Alternatively, unsubscribe requests can be made directly to us firstname.lastname@example.org or you can manage your own communications preferences within the customer portal.
Your personal information is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
When an application is submitted for the Indigenous Girls’ STEM Academy, we will collect the information provided in the application form. This includes:
- contact details of the applicant, parent/carer and supporting teacher;
- the responses to the questions in the application form from the application, parent/carer and supporting teacher;
- any supporting documents included with the application, including the applicant’s school report.
CSIRO will use this information to assess the applicant’s suitability for the Academy, and if the application is successful, to facilitate and administer their participant in the Academy.
We may also use this information for the purposes of monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of our programs, although where possible, we will use aggregated and de-identified data to do this.
CSIRO will not share the information with any other entity, or with any overseas recipients, without seeking your consent.
- accessing and requesting amendment of personal information, and
- how you can make a privacy related complaint.