Education and Outreach Privacy statement
When you register on the CSIRO Education portal, we will collect your name and contact details in order to facilitate and administer your participation in the programs you register for. We will also use your contact details to send you information about CSIRO Education and Outreach programs or events you’re interested in. You can set up your own preferences about what you want to receive from us and you can update these at any time.
We may also use your personal information for the purposes of monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of our programs, although where possible, we will use aggregated and de-identified data to do this.
The administrators of the CSIRO Education and Outreach portal will be able to access your personal information from within the portal and may collect it for the purposes of administering your account, including to moderate content, monitor and ensure compliance with the terms and conditions, and to evaluate the overall operation of the portal and how it is being used by subscribers.
Your personal information will be treated as confidential and it will be accessible only by those who need the information for administration and evaluation purposes.
In managing your personal information, we will:
- hold all personal information in secure databases, hosted by CSIRO.
- ensure that at any time, you will have the ability to “unsubscribe” from our communications.
- ensure that a direct link to “unsubscribe” is made available in mass communications from us. Alternatively, unsubscribe requests can be made directly to us firstname.lastname@example.org or you can manage your own communications preferences within the customer portal.
Use of personal information provided in your application.
CSIRO is collecting the personal information provided by you in this application form. It will be used by CSIRO Indigenous Girls’ STEM Academy team to assess the applicant’s suitability for the program and to administer Academy activities. This personal information includes:
- Contact details for the applicant, their parent/family and supporting teacher;
- All responses to questions on the application form;
- The applicant’s school report;
- Supporting teacher and/or community’s comments.
CSIRO will treat all personal information collected as part of your application in accordance with CSIRO’s general privacy statement (www.csiro.au/privacy) for CSIRO Education and Outreach and specifically in relation to the Indigenous Girls’ STEM Academy program.
Please contact our Indigenous Girls’ STEM Academy program team if you:
- would like to access any of your personal information we have collected in the application process;
- would like to withdraw your consent at any time to use the information as described above; or
- believe that any information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.