Education and Outreach General Privacy Statement
When you register on the CSIRO Education portal, we will collect your name and contact details in order to facilitate and administer your participation in the programs you register for. We will also use your contact details to send you information about CSIRO Education and Outreach programs or events you’re interested in. You can set up your own preferences about what you want to receive from us and you can update these at any time.
We may also use your personal information for the purposes of monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of our programs, although where possible, we will use aggregated and de-identified data to do this.
The administrators of the CSIRO Education and Outreach portal will be able to access your personal information from within the portal and may collect it for the purposes of administering your account, including to moderate content, monitor and ensure compliance with the terms and conditions, and to evaluate the overall operation of the portal and how it is being used by subscribers.
Your personal information will be treated as confidential and it will be accessible only by those who need the information for administration and evaluation purposes.
In managing your personal information, we will:
- hold all personal information in secure databases, hosted by CSIRO.
- ensure that at any time, you will have the ability to “unsubscribe” from our communications.
- ensure that a direct link to “unsubscribe” is made available in mass communications from us. Alternatively, unsubscribe requests can be made directly to us firstname.lastname@example.org or you can manage your own communications preferences within the customer portal.
Your personal information is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
When an application is submitted for the Young Indigenous Women's STEM Academy, we will collect the information provided in the application form. This includes:
- contact details of the applicant, parent/carer and supporting teacher;
- the responses to the questions in the application form from the application, parent/carer and supporting teacher;
- any supporting documents included with the application, including the applicant’s school report.
CSIRO will use this information to assess the applicant’s suitability for the Academy, and if the application is successful, to facilitate and administer their participant in the Academy.
We may also use this information for the purposes of monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of our programs, although where possible, we will use aggregated and de-identified data to do this.
CSIRO will not share the information with any other entity, or with any overseas recipients, without seeking your consent.
- accessing and requesting amendment of personal information, and
- how you can make a privacy related complaint.
Your personal information is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and CSIRO will handle your personal information in accordance with this Act.
CSIRO will collect a range of personal information from you, including your name and contact details, employment and professional details and National Police Check, Working with Children Check and Working with Vulnerable People Check. CSIRO may also collect your sensitive information, including your criminal record as part of the National Police Check, Working with Children and Working with Vulnerable People Check and your membership of a professional trade or trade association if you provide it.
CSIRO is collecting this information for the purpose of facilitating your participation in and administering the STEM Professionals in Schools program, including:
- monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the program;
- managing National Police Checks, Working with Children Checks and Working with Vulnerable People processes in accordance with our Child Safe Policy;
- assess your application via the Education portal; and
- administer, monitor and evaluate the portal information, including your account, moderating content you provide and ensuring your compliance with the terms and conditions.
CSIRO may disclose your information to third parties, including program partners, program funder/s such as Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment and third party service providers, consultants and education bodies such as State and Territory Departments of Education and Catholic Education, and your employer for the purposes set out above. CSIRO will usually only disclose your name and registration details to your employer. In the case of an emergency, CSIRO may also notify your employer.
CSIRO may use your information to contact you about CSIRO Education and Outreach programs or related events you may be interested in. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the link in our mass communication emails or sending an unsubscribe request to us at email@example.com.